TokyoTopia has gained some fans over time and we have been asked for interviews by a number of industry related sources. We really enjoy sharing our experience and helping other folks get the most out of their time in Tokyo. If you need a guest post don't be afraid to ask : )
1. The Daily Telegraph asked us to write about life as an expat in Tokyo. We came up with The Ups and Buts of life in Tokyo
2. For Journeywoman we wrote an article, 20 Things Women Should Know About Tokyo
3. The Amateur Traveler host, Chris Christensen, invited us to a podcast as part of his ongoing series from around the world. Listen to the Tokyo Japan episode here.
4. IndieTravelPodcast hosts, Craig and Linda, first asked us for an episode about Tokyo and then we did a Christmas special with a good friend, Joseph Tame of Pokya.jp fame. This is the Tokyo episode... and this is the Tokyo Christmas special.
5. Go Galavanting hostess, Kim Mance, contacted us after Tokyo had a pretty big rumble in its foundations.
Never our favorite moments so we were happy to let her know everything was ok! The tale of an earthquake.
6. Women On The Road asked us about teaching English in Japan. Well seeing as that's how we arrived in Japan we were happy to talk about the experience and what you need to do if you're interested in doing something similar.
7. The Nihon Sun author Shane Sakata, asked us to write some guest author Tokyo articles which we were more than happy to oblige. Shane's online magazine about Japan travel has some excellent content so we were honored to be asked.
8. Velvet Escape is a travel blog full of wonderful stories and adventures from a whole range of different travelers. For Keith we didn't write about Japan as he asked us what was our most memorable moment that defined the place we were visiting at the time. For us that had to be Thailand during the Asian tsunami. This article is a little bit of our story.
Wouldn't you love to find a guidebook that is just for first-time visitors to Tokyo. Find those all important things that only a local would know like: what to expect at the airport, what Japanese is most useful for a traveler to know, what packing tips are specific for Tokyo, what should you do in an emergency, the basics of using the trains, and much more. Head over to Taming Tokyo today and judge for yourself.
Interested? Sign-up for our regular Tokyo News updates and get access to your free Travel Essentials planner.